Seven Stars is a residential therapeutic school and assessment center that offers a fun, educational environment for teens with nonverbal learning disorder, ADHD, and high functioning autism once considered Asperger’s Syndrome. Seven Stars is a great alternative to camps and boarding schools geared towards teens on the spectrum. Their programming integrates a weekly schedule that includes time in the classroom, lessons related to building important life skills, and adventure experiences.
Why should I send my child to a school for teens with Aspergers?
Adventure programs geared towards children with Aspergers syndrome offer children with autism and learning disabilities and opportunity to experience a camp environment with dedicated staff familiar with neurodevelopmental disorders. Some benefits include:
- Teaching skills in an engaging environment.
- Programs designed for the complex needs of children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Opportunities for social growth.
- Motivation to live a more active lifestyle.
- Discovering new leisure opportunities.
- A chance for overwhelmed parents and siblings to regroup.
- Giving a special needs child an opportunity to be more independent.
Some fun adventure activities your child can enjoy!
Adventure activities include:
- Team Building
- Experiencing nature
- Social events
- Outdoor survival skills
- Engaging camp games
- Physical fitness